Hall & Facilities Rentals
The West Creston Community Hall Society rents out the Community Hall as a source of revenue. The Community Hall is a place for the people of West Creston to meet for social, recreational, educational, and training purposes.
The facilities may be used by others who meet the Society's rental criteria.
Even though bookings are generally on a "first-come" basis, they are all subject to the Society's discretion and approval. No booking is accepted until the Board has "verified" residency and accepted the Booking Deposit.
When you are planning an event, please browse the calendar below first to see if the Hall is available for your event or which alternate dates might work for you, then contact the Rentals Director for your booking.
Rental Fees: The rental fee structure is available on a separate page but you are advised to use the rates for your budgeting purposes until you have discussed your rental with our Rental Director. Keep in mind that rates will vary depending on the length of your stay, the timing of your stay, and what ever other rentals are scheduled around your desired time. Click on Rental Rates for the pricing details.
All rentals are subject to the approval of your application by the Hall Board and receipt of a Booking Deposit. Your booking is not guaranteed until the Booking Deposit and the Rental Agreement has been accepted.
Responsibilities: It's simple, you must leave the Hall and grounds in the same condition as you have found them. We expect no more than that! Here are a few other things which you should be aware of;
- The inside tables and chairs stay inside.
- No animals are allowed in the Hall at any time for health reasons.
- All animals in the yard must be on a leash and you are to pick up after them.
- No stiletto or cleated footwear allowed inside the Hall due to potential damage to the wood floors.
- Cigarette butt containers are provided. Pick up any butts left near the front entrance area, or better yet get your guests to use the butt containers.
- Cleaning up after your event is your responsibility (remember, like you found it).
- No quads, motorcycles, snow machines, or similar equipment allowed on the property.
Rental Agreement: You will be required to submit a Rental Agreement Application and show proof of liability insurance if alcohol is being served. To view and print the terms and conditions, please click Rental Agreement. Any questions regarding the Rental Agreement should be directed to the Rental Director.
We recommend that you print off all 4 pages of the Rental Agreement and ask the Rental Director if you have questions about use of our facilities.
- Part "A" (page 1) - Complete in detail and send with your Booking Deposit (we now have an alternate e-form that should be used to speed-up the process. See below for the details).
- Part "B" (pages 2 & 3) - Keep for your immediate & future reference. When you use our facilities, this is what we expect of you.
- Part "C" (page 4) - This is your exit check-sheet with a guide of what to do with the facilities before you depart. You will want to do so if you want your Damage Deposit returned.
- Rental Application E-form: Once you have discussed your event with the Rental Director and firmed up the dates and rental fees, process your Application electronically and submit your Booking Deposit electronically. Click on the Application E-form, complete and submit it electronically.
Features of the Facility
Building: The Hall was constructed and opened in 2000. It features a large full service kitchen with all the hardware, bar outlet, hardwood floors, and modern washroom facilities. The approved capacity of the facility is 125. The building is wheelchair accessible and has a separate handicap washroom.
Outdoor Amenities: This is a family environment, with children's playground equipment and picnic tables for the perfect family outing.
For the larger groups, you might like to use the horseshoe pits, or roll out your own activity on the lawn area. We have the horseshoes and will loan them to you if you ask.
Outdoor washrooms are available for campers during the summer months only. Sorry, no showers.
There is no sani-dump on site nor any hook-ups for Recreational Vehicles. That means no use of electrical or water from the Hall for that purpose. Anyone abusing this policy will be asked to leave!
Camping Sites: There are a few tenting sites and potential RV camping spots near this caretaker's residence, depending on the size of your units and your desired layout.
The picnic tables are available and may be moved to suit your occasion. Please return them to the general location where you found them before you leave.
Security: In addition to the above features, the facility has an on-site resident caretaker, who is available to troubleshoot in the event of a problem.